Tons of you guys have asked questions about how I’ve been wearing my hair lately! I don’t have a youtube, but I’m going to show you which products and tools I used to achieve these looks:
Pic #1 and #2- orange flexi rods only// Pic #3- combo of orange and red
- Flexi rods– I use anywhere from 18-22 rods. I either use all orange rods for a looser curl or a combo of orange and red for a tighter curl/layered look. When I use both colors, I use the reds in the front to frame my face and in the crown
- Modified Denman brush
- Wide-tooth, smooth plastic shower comb
- Hooded dryer
- Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Leave In
- Biosilk Silk Therapy
- Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Leave-In Spray
- Homemade flaxseed gel
- Kenra Platinum Silkening Mist
My hair had been washed, deep conditioned, and blow dried, on LOW, a few days prior and I had just been wearing it in a bun. I decided to switch from the boring bun and give myself some curls!
- Before installing each rod, I apply a dime sized amount of the Eden leave-in, a pea sized amout of Biosilk, and a little bit of flaxseed.
- I place the flexi at the root and then wrapped the hair around the roller firmly with no space in between. When I got to the ends, I apply a little more flaxseed just to the very ends. (I wrap rolling papers around the rollers where my hair ends to keep my hair from unrolling while I sleep)
- Once my entire head is rolled (which takes about 35 minutes), I spray it with the Tresemme heat protectant and sit under my hooded dryer, on low, for 45 minutes. Then I go to bed!
- The next morning, after allowing the rollers to be installed for a full twelve hours, I begin the take down. I slowly remove each roller, one at a time. My hair is always SO. SOFT. Like, crazy soft! When I remove the rollers, my hair looks like this:
- I then seperate the curls. I tend to do most of my separating in the back and tend to let the curls at the top of my head stay chunky. I use my pink shower comb to gently comb out my roots to get rid of the parts and fluff it out, then I go back in with my pick to make it big.
- Lastly, I spray everything with the Kenra mist and ta-da! Light and fluffy curls!